Re: Donnie's SOng rebuttal part2

At 08:42 AM 10/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On this same note, I have a very good friend that is a VW Certified
>Master tech, and he loves working on the cars, in fact, he will rebuild
>a tranny in his driveway for peanuts.
>
>Once again, Wally is right.
>
>I, too, and tired of Don's cynical attitude about the cars.  I don't
>think my car sucks.  10 months old, 20k miles, lots of drag racing, and
>not a damn thing wrong, worst thing it has been in for is the rear wiper
>relay.
>
>I don't know Don.  He may be one of the nicest guys around, but he uses
>this list and the GTI list to vent his frustrations from work. Ah, who
>cares, I like my car and I am sure most of the people on here do too,
>that is, until they here a tech say how much he thinks.....
>
>...just got tired of ranting.
>
>Billy T.
>VW Pride

Billy, I don't know what you do for a living, but let me tell you a little
about what I do. I go to work everyday. I am a flat rate technician. I
spend 8 hours a day and don't always get 8 hours of pay for the day.  What
about you? I have a 35 hour guaranty. 90% of all the work I do each day is
warranty, power train coverage, or Masterfuck. Audi's or Volkswagens. I
have to work on cars  that are driven by slobs, pet owners, cigar smokers,
deal with lying customers, chasing complaints that can't be justified, and
on and on.  Put yourself in my shoes. Watch all of your cash work be done
at outside repair shops. Than when the customer needs something it's back
to the dealer for the freebie.  Yes I may sound cynical, but I am a realist
and will call a spade a spade. I don't hold anything back. I have been
working on these cars for a very long time. I worked on the Type IV and the
Dasher when they were still under warranty. I have watched the quality of
the product decline over the years in lieu of the bottom line.  I have been
to new car intros with the promise of capturing 4% of the US car market
(1984) Which of course never happened. I am in the position to call a car a
piece of crap more than anyone else on this list.
I like to read these lists and receive about 150 e-mails each day.  I try
to provide an inside look at the normal operation of a VW/Audi dealership.
I don't give a hoot about how to, what to or where to modify a car. I have
enough problems solving drivablity problems.  Maybe I use this place as a
sounding board to let of steam.  I complain to my boss, but it ends up on a
deaf ear. So I just rant to the groups.

There was a sign hanging in a shop I worked in and I still believe in what
it say.

" Pride is what compels a man to do his best even though no one is watching"

Don