Don's song: THE FINAL SAY (very long)

What we have here is a case of two people who are very different behind a
keyboard than they are in person.  Don and Wally.  Two great guys who I have
had the opportunity to meet in person, who are both very different than
their posts lead most to believe.  Wally is a big jokester who loves to take
shots at people, and does it just to stir things up.  He means no harm or
offense.  In fact, his posts led to him being "railroaded" from the GTI list
as some put it.  Wally was just pulling his usual pranks, and some people
took it too far, to a very personal level.  That is why Wally elected to
leave the GTI List, as far as I know.  When you meet Wally in person, you
know right away he's a cool guy.  In fact, he has hosted (and helped with)
some of the greatest VW gatherings to date!  Wally will not kill you for
having a Shine suspension, although he may bust your balls, all in fun.  Don
is a good guy as well.  He is honest and straight up, and I can attest to
the fact that he likes his job, although he may not agree with the way some
things are done.  He is very helpful, and has done a lot for me in the year
or so I have known him.  Don is most certainly not a boring guy, in fact he
is quite lively and friendly to everyone around him.  And yes, Don
contributes a lot to these lists, in my opinion.  Don has demonstrated to me
plenty of reasons why he thinks the New Beetle is a piece of shit.  It may
be a nice car, but it certainly is nowhere near as SERVICEABLE as some other
VW's.  Don's perspective of these cars comes from the fact that he only sees
them when they are broken, and he knows they are a pain in the ass to work
on.  Don is just telling it like it is from a mechanic's perspective, and
Wally is playing his usual game.  But once again, it is escalating too far,
and grown men are acting like idiotic children. I have to say, though, I was
persuaded to write this after reading some very valid points in Don's reply
below.  Everything he says is true.  I gave this list a shot hoping it
wouldn't be as lame as the GTI list.  Wally and Don add greatly to this
list, mixing Wally's humor with Don's extensive knowledge.  Personalities
will always clash, it is just too bad it is happening over a listserver, and
that these two have never met in person.  Next time we have a Northeast
gathering, Wally and Don should make an effort to show up so they can meet
each other and understand what I'm taking about.  They'd get along just
fine.  Believe it or not, they are more alike than anyone could ever imagine
by just seeing their posts.  Thanks for letting me vent, and let's drop this
privately and spare everyone the BS.

IT, INDEED, HAS BEEN WRITTEN (thanks, Wally!, just trying to put this to
rest!)

Later,
Greg