Re: AUDI Question

At 3:53 PM -0400 10/9/98, Cris, the cute one! :) wrote:

>Most chipped A4s will easily run head to head with BMW 328s. I don't
>mean to bash you or anyone, but that "Fat & Slow" comment was uncalled for.

So will most chipped GLXes, so I don't see your point. If I was given the
choice of a brand new car, where there would be no difference in out of
pocket costs, I'd pick the Audi over the GLX because it is (from an
interior and exterior appearance factor) a more refined car. Either car is
a great mode of transportation, and are both probably pretty cool to drive
(never drove an Audi).

I was just at our local dealer, and I looked at a few Audi vs. Golf/Jetta
models. The A4 is clearly a luxury car, while the Jetta has some of the
accoutrements of luxury, but is certainly lacking in those areas.

On the other hand, both cars (A4 and Jetta) have the same lame rear
legroom. I looked at the A6 vs. the Passat, and both cars are a little more
realistic in being able to use the rear seats.

Having owned a Jetta, I don't know that I'd ever buy an A4. My next car
will be an upgrade from the Jetta. The A4, as a result, is too small for
me. If you're going to buy an A4, you might as well forget the charade with
the back doors and buy the TTCoupe. :)

All this is, of course, IMHO.

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                             Verio Northwest
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225