Re: Springs

I was thinking about the whole spring issue, and a couple of things came
to mind.  Alot of the problem with the stock suspension is the hiegth,
altough, the slosh has someting to do with it too.  If you want your car
to be lower, with out the risk of running unmatched shoks and springs,
you could just cut a coil(s) off of the stock springs.  Most springs
have the dead coils that everyone has been talking about, and these
coils can be cut with little or no effect on the spring rate.  What you
get after the coils are cut, is a spring that is within the damping rate
of the stock units, and lets the car sit a little lower.  It will handle
about the same as stock, and I wouldn't advise doing this with a plus 2
wheel and tire combo(17"s), but it should hold you over until you save
up for those Koni's:)

Just doin' a little thinkin'

Billy T.