RE: Bottom End Performance Mods

Well Dana,

According to my BMW Dealer, Dinnan and BMW have a agreement. This was not
installed at time of purchase.  As far as I know if the dealer installs the
chip then the factory warranty is not VOID.  Dinnan and BMW have worked
together to develop the chip.  BMW wants part of the aftermarket action as
well.  If VW did this many other people on the list would get a chip.

I have a question for you.  So Jon Doe blew his VR6. Rod right through the
pan.  Well what's to say that you cant just take the chip out then put the
old one back in.  Turn the key and purge the memory.   How would they prove
it then?

I also can't see them measuring the cam or blaming the exhaust in this
situation either.  Time is money.  VW is paying for the new engine not the
dealer.  Chances are if they make a big deal about it the engine it won't
get fixed there anyway due to cost.  So why would they loose the business
rather than ignore the mods.  As you know the dealers are in this for the
money.  They still get paid by VW.

Oh and let me say this, I have a friend that bought his GTI VR6 in Seattle
they put a K&N cone filter and nospeed springs in it from the show room
floor.  I am tempted to believe that it all depends who you dealer is.  I
have bought a 1994 GLS, 1997 GLX, 1987 Cabriolet, 1997 BMW 318ti Club Sport
and a 1998 Beetle from the dealer.  They don't fuck with me.  I have bought
to many cars from them to risk loosing business.  The next thing will be a
Boxter.

Enough said

Bryan