Re: Springs

The reason this is bad is as follows:

The stock shock only has so much damping, not stiff at all.  When you
use a higher performance spring the rebound of the stock unit is really
put to the test, and it fails.  Ya see, the stiffer spring takes more
energy to compress, also, it releases the energy alot faster than a
stock spring.  The stock shock can not control this increased energy,
and lets the car to bounce.  What happens is that when you are carvin'
that canyon road, and think you are are top of the world in your fine
handling automobile, you come across a hump, or a wave in the surface of
the road.  This wave causes your car to bounce, and due to the lack of
rebound damping of your shock, you bounce right off the road.

If you do opt to get the shoks and struts later, do not think you can
push the car around corners, you might just be bounced off the road.