Off-topic: parking lot door ding

A few days ago someone placed a major scratch on my driver's side door at
the parking lot where I work. I left late that night so I had no idea who
this idiot was. The scratch was deep enough that I could see the bare
sheetmetal. The scratch wasn't a straight line either--sort of a zig-zag
shape, which leads me to believe that this turd slammed his/her door into
mine, got his/her fat ass into the car, and drove away. I tried some
touch-up paint and rubbing compound, and even broke out the Dremel at one
point to try to smooth things out. It looks ok now from a distance, but
still very obvious upon closer inspection. Needless to say, I'm pissed.

My question is: Is there any sort of temporary "bumper" that attaches
magnetically or clips to the door that will prevent future door dings on my
car? I've seen black rubber strips in auto shops that might work, but look
like permanent attachments (use some sort of adhesive). Any other ideas or
alternatives? The parking lot has pretty narrow spaces, and is usually full
by the time I get there in the morning, so parking in an isolated space far
from the other Buicks and Oldsmobiles is not an option.

Thanks,

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef