Off-center wheel

Okay gentlemen, I am no suspension guru.......I don't understand how the
struts
affect the steering in a way where it becomes off-center.  please explain
the link between the steering input and the struts etc.  The dealer mentioned
to me at first that it is something that is very technical to fix, and
mentioned
some techno yada yada crap, but when I gave him the impression that I am
not taking that for an answer it magically got fixed (but not fixed).  Anyway
thanks for your input.........

Talat
97 GLX
Blk/Blk