Re: top speed run

> 130mph was approaching, and the speed limiter
> kicked with the needle showing about 132-133mph, which
> would translate to about 129-130mph actual with the 3mph
> cushion that is built in.

Is this true?  Why is there a "cushion" in the speedo?  I have
heard about speedo's being a little slow catching up under
full acceleration, but once you pan out I would expect it to
be within at most a single MPH.  Do all cars have this "built in"
feature?  I'd like to compare my GLX's top speed with other cars,
but if that cushion varies between manufacturer's, then the whole
point is useless.  Thanks in advance.

--
Benjamin M. Piecuch
Hamilton Standard