impression on the H&R coil overs (kinda long)

Ok everyone... another impression on the H&R coil overs you have been
waiting for......
THEY ARE THE BOMB!!!!! need I say any  thing more?
Actually they are rrreeeeaaaallllllllyyyyyy nice.  I have not seen
craftsmanship like this on shocks ever before.  They have bilstein
internals, and have  a nice bilstein stamp on their gold bodies.  the red
spring give it an appealing look on the golden shocks.  the spring rates are
400 frt and 285 rear.  they come with tender(helper) springs which make the
ride very enjoyable.  before I got ahold of the H&R's I was checking out the
eibach page (ERS) concerning they tender springs.. they claim the springs
should be in coil bind when on the car, but on the H&R's they are not.  they
front tender spring is *almost* in coil bind which provides a 1/2 inch to 1
inch of travel over small bumps and stuff. the rear tender spring has about
1.5 inches of travel before coil bind.  the tender springs will do a lot of
work to make the ride smoother before it hits the main 300 & 400 lb springs
which is much stiffer. I personally like my car really low, but with this
set up you have to compensate height wise because of the tender springs
travel.  the set up actually feels more comfortable that my old
neuspeed/bilstein set up!!  FOR REAL..  it is not as harsh.  it is very
responsive and so far enjoyable to drive.  I am going to an autocross this
weekend so I can see how it handles out there.  first impressions.... I love
them, just a little reserve about the car height... I am being a *knuckle
head* and kinda keeping my car low(regardless of the tender spring travel)..
as a result, I am putting a groove in my T1 pluses... which pains me. this
set up is more comfortable and much better than my old 275 frt/175 rear coil
over set up.  if anyone is around the Los Angeles area and wants to take a
spin.... email me and we can hook it up.  I will be out at NORTON air force
base for the auto-x this weekend if you live out there.... But to make a
longer story short... I am *pretty happy* with their current performance...
george
george@dxnet.com
97 glx