RE: 30,000 mile service?

In your letter you refer to replacing your OIL every 10,000 miles for 97
Jetta GLX is this what the maintenance call for? I have a 96 jetta GLX
they told me every 7,500 miles. What's the different between 96 and 97 VR6
engines? What is recommended for synthetic Oil and regular oil changes on
the Jetta VR6  engine.?????
.