Re: chaintensioner

I have no idea what a timing chain tensioner is, unless you mean
the timing chain itself, but it sounds like the dealer is trying to
weasel its way out of this.  I would suggest you take it to another
dealer and get a second opinion.

Either way, MAKE SURE your dealer has logged your complaint.
That way, if they ever come back with some problem related to
the timing chain, they can kiss your ass and fix it - no questions
asked!

Good Luck,

-Chuck Simpson...
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6