Re: Mobil 1 oil price

That's a great price - I'd jump on it.  Those weights are fine.  I guess
the lower the initial weight is the faster the "lighter oil" gets to the
moving parts, leading to less startup engine wear.  That said, I've
really no idea if there'd really be measurably less engine wear with
0-30w over 10-30w.

Rob in San Diego
97 Blurple Vento VR6
Garrett 08, K&N panel w/ modded box
Dunlop SP 4000, Eclipse 5341 /  BOSE
AMS Keyless Entry

>Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:57:57 EST
>From: Talitmon@aol.com
>Subject: Mobil 1 oil price

>I was shopping recently at a Sams Club warehouse store and
>stumbled accross the oil section.

>Mobil 1 5-30 & 10-30 weights for $22.25 per 6 quart case, it also
>had a $3.00 rebate which would make it $19.25 for the case.

>The total cost per quart comes out to $3.46 including CA tax of
>7.75%.

>Is this a good cost?  Is it worth buying a case?  are the 10-30
>or 5-30 weights proper for the VR6?

>Thanks for the reply's!!
>Talat
>97 GLX
>Blk/Blk

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]