Re: More Tire Questions

I currently have 17,000 miles on Dunlop SP4000 and I'm very happy with
them.  Superior in everyway (except wear rating) over the stock GAs.
Excellent in rain and I was impressed with the limited snow and ice I've
been in.  The dunlops clearly outperform the stock suspension  - with the
GAs the suspension and tires were equally poor.  I'll be lucky if I get
30,000 miles out of them, but considering the way I drive I think they
are a great long-lived performance tire.  Next time around I might try
the SP8000 just to compare - I expect ~20,000 miles of wear but stickier
in the corners.

Rob in San Diego
97 Blurple Vento VR6
Garrett 08, K&N panel w/ modded box
Dunlop SP 4000, Eclipse 5341 /  BOSE
AMS Keyless Entry

>Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 14:35:46 -0800
>From: "Patrick Sherman" <patrick@eurospeed.org>
>Subject: More Tire Questions

>Since I am wasting all the bandwidth today here is another one.

>Dunlop SP 4000 A/S (4) $394 from TireRack. They are the UltraHigh
>performance ALL-Season tire. There is a lot of rain up here.. Anyone
ever
>run these?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]