Re: Replacing rear lights

From: Matt Garland <mgarland@wso.williams.edu>
To: jettaglx@igtc.COM <jettaglx@igtc.COM>; drivers-wanted@wso.williams.edu
<drivers-wanted@wso.williams.edu>
Date: Thursday, May 28, 1998 1:24 PM
Subject: Replacing rear lights

>Does anyone have any experience replacing the rear turn signal
>lights in an A3 Jetta?  I have a GL, but I really like the GT/GLX
>darkened light look ... so I'd like to swap out the rear yellow
>lights and replace them.  Has anyone done this?

This is very easy. Open the trunk, remove the panel where the bulbs are
mounted, this doesn't require unscrewing, then unscrew the main plastic
unit. Do the reverse for the new ones. Oh, Hella does tinted (as well as the
stock un-tinted) OEM taillights in blue, green, and black, many times
available through the dealer but you can find them cheaper in any 3rd party
accessory shop.

- - Alexander L. Kunstmann
  President/Founder
  Watercooled Club of Mexico