Replacing rear lights

>Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 13:14:30 -0400
>From: "Matt Garland" <mgarland@wso.williams.edu>
>Subject: Replacing rear lights
>Hi all,
>I asked this question a while ago; I thought I'd give it another
>go.
>Does anyone have any experience replacing the rear turn signal
>lights in an A3 Jetta?  I have a GL, but I really like the GT/GLX
>darkened light look ... so I'd like to swap out the rear yellow
>lights and replace them.  Has anyone done this?

I had to change the driver side inner light assembly after some a-hole
decided to poke a hole in it with a ski pole...It's not hard, just remove
the liner on the inside of the trunk and there are a few nuts that hold each
piece in...took me about 1/2 hour to remove and replace one section, but i
went into it with no idea what to expect...

Joel Bell
jbell@ptd.net
1997 VW Jetta GLX-VR6-Neuspeed-Autotech
Kenwood/MB Quart/Orion/PPI/Stinger/Phoenix Gold