Re: Replacing rear lights

Matt Garland wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I asked this question a while ago; I thought I'd give it another
> go.
>
> Does anyone have any experience replacing the rear turn signal
> lights in an A3 Jetta?  I have a GL, but I really like the GT/GLX
> darkened light look ... so I'd like to swap out the rear yellow
> lights and replace them.  Has anyone done this?

Hey Matt,
    I'm aproud owner of a '92 SLC with the unfortunate luck to also have
those yellow turn signals.  I've seen places advertise swaps for tinted
ones for around $75 for the outer ones and $55 for the inner ones.  If
you're like me and spend all of your money on your car payment and
insurance then you're better off doing what I did.  I purchased a can of
'Night Shades' spray tinted made especially for tinting taillights.  I
picked it up at Parts America (Sears) for $9.95.  I tinted my taillights
and my sidemarkers while I was at it in a day.  It just takes four or
five light coats and some patience.  If your careful it looks stock!  If
you screw-up, hello paint thinner.  Good luck.

- -David
'92 SLC
p-chip
K+N