noise problem on stereo

Hello all,

   I have a 2 week old '98 Jetta Wolfsburg and just came across a VERY
interesting problem concerning the stock stereo/CD setup -- this vehicle has
the Panasonic head unit with factory installed Panasonic 6-disc changer.
Anyway I just drove it a night for the first time and noticed a low frequency
hum coming from the speakers only when the headlights are ON!  It does not
matter if the engine is running or not...same hum; however there is no hum if
only the DRL's are on.... The hum is present on AM, FM, Tape and CD, so it must
be in the head unit.

Can anyone with a '98 see if their vehicle exhibits the same problem or not?

Thanks!

Steve Sutton
ssutton@ridgenet.net
'98 Jetta Wolfsburg