Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V2 #148

>Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 22:20:06 EDT
>From: Mo Fo 9
>Subject: Head Unit
>
>Just bought a new Panasonic head unit from Crutchfield (CQ-DP965). Hoping
>this head unit will control the 6 CD Panasonic changer in the trunk. Just
>wondering, for the install:
>
>How do I get the old bose head unit out? (97' Jetta Bose 10 spkr Panasonic)

Here's my story with this:

I had to pull out the Bose head unit in my new '98 GLX in order to check
some wiring (I was installing a 6 disc changer from Crutchfield as well).
I was doing this down at our local Columbia Audio/Video store.  Well, it
turns out that VW uses a proprietary tool to pull the head unit (none of
the pull tools Columbia had would do the trick).  So, we ended up going to
the local VW delaer, and you know what?  They refused to sell us the tool
to pull the radio!  They said they were under "strict orders from VW" not
to let the tool out of the building.  So the delaer ended up pulling it!
If someone knows a way around this (or knows where to get one of these
tools) - please let me know!

P.S. This is my first posting to the list - I hope I am sending it to the
right address.  Glad to be aboard!

- -
Visit my SYNTHPOP page with over 1,800 examples synthpop cover art!
Synthpop Page: http://www.swcp.com/blakeh/synthpop.htm
Email: blakeh@ix.netcom.com
- -