WAY OFF TOPIC: Home Stereo Question

You know, now that I bought a new Reciever I have always wondered something.
What is the point of having a Video Input on the for say, "TV INPUT"? I can
understand the Right and Left Sound because the reciever produces sound.
However, what is the effect of the Video In? Is it just a pass though?

Just thought I would ask you guys.. Hey all of us were intelligent enough to
purchase a Volkswagen, I am sure someone knows the answer..

Patrick Sherman
97 VENTO VR6 / Tornado Red
Mods-Mods-Mods-More-Mods
patrick@volkswagen.org