Re: VR6 Oil consumption

I had bought a '92 Corrado slc w/ 99000 m. on it.  It started burning oil.
Luckily I had purchased one of those used car extended warrenties for (which is
amazing for a car with that high mileage) it.  They said they would have to
take the whole bottom part of the engine apart to figure it out, so they opted
to put a used engine ( with 43,000 miles on it) instead(what a deal!).  So they
weren't even sure what the oil burning problem was, but it was burning about 2
or three quarts every 2500m.  I first started noticing it when I would take
hard corners and the dash started beeping.  I lucked out.  The engine is
running great now (it was from a '93 slc) and I highly recommend these extended
warranties to anybody purchasing a used VR6 (very expensive to fix)!

- -David
'92 SLC
P-chip
K+N w/airbox mods.