Re: Poll #1: chips

Hey there,

     Although I haven't installed a chip on my '94 Jetta GLX yet, I would just
like to point out that Autotech also makes a chip called the Q-Chip.  The
results should be comparable to Neuspeed's P-Chip.
     I really don't know too much about these chips.  First of all, I'm not
too technically astute; I don't even know where my ECU is.  If anyone could
tell me how to locate it, I would be very grateful.  Since I have one of the
1500 GLX's built in Germany, I understand that there's a possibility that my
chip is not soldiered on to the ECU.  If anyone knows anything about this,
please tell me.
     I'm also wondering if a performance chip will invalidate the 10-year
100,000 mile powertrain warranty.  Does anyone know anything about this?

- - Eric Wang