Poll #1: chips

Allo.
   Here a poll which I'd like you to participate in regarding upgraded
GLX chips. I'm looking to make this upgrade on my '95 GLX, but don't wish
to do so without the advice of those of you who have the experience I
lack.
   Basically, I'm debating over whether to purchase the Neuspeed P-Chip
or the Garret version thereof. The criteria include hp gains, which
portions of the rpm spectrum saw gains, mileage changes, cost, and any
knee-jerk reactions any of you may have had when you installed your own
chip.
   I realize that, with my car being a '95, I will have to have the stock
chip unsoldered and the new one installed into a bracket which would be
soldered to the board, and this will have a $35-$50 fee. Pain in the
buttocks, but it's unavoidable since I'm no electrician.
   But, please, take a few moments to give me your thoughts on these two
chips (or any other brand, if you'd like). I don't want to buy something
which I wil regret (Neuspeed's unconditional refusal to take returns
especially makes me leery).
   Thanks.
- -T