Re: New owner

> Hi All,
>
> First off, the P&N (?) air filter replacement seems to be a pretty much
> universal mod people here have made to their GLXs.  If I do this mod,
> and forget to put the original back in before my next scheduled
> maintenance, is there any chance any part of my warranty will be
> voided?

I rather doubt it - mine was installed by the dealer, and they make a note to charge me
less on servicing where filter changing is called for...

> Second, the only thing that doesn't rock me about the car is the
> stereo.  I haven't looked really closely, but I don't think it has
> the Bose system that was introduced during the model year
> (how can I easily tell?).  I'd like to leave the car as stock as
> possible, so I'd rather add an amp in the trunk and a subwoofer
> (if necessary) to the existing system than replace the head unit etc.
> >From recent threads, it sounds like the stock speakers aren't too bad,
> just not given enough clean power from the head unit.  Would
> an amp be a good solution?  How about an amp and sub?

Dunno.  I'm thinking over what to do also.

> Finally, I've heard a lot about the Bentley (sp?) manual.  Can
> I expect to find this at a local bookstore or auto shop, or does
> it have to be special ordered?

I ordered mine from - autolit@bmts.com - they're in Canada, so delivery doesn't
involve custom's brokering.  Cost seemed reasonable, something like $80 including tax
and delivery.  I doubt you'd be able to order from the states for that with our current
exchange rate!

> Anyway, sorry for rambling, but I'm still excited about my new toy.
>
> Murray in Vancouver, BC
> '97 Jetta GLX (stock :-)
> http://members.home.net/nesbitt/

Chris Campbell