New owner

Hi All,

This is my first post.  I've been a Jetta GLX owner for 59 wonderful
hours now.  I'd have posted sooner if I wasn't driving so much.

I bought a lady-driven black '97 5 spd., loaded except leather, with 20K
km. on the odometer.  It's an amazing car, as I'm sure you all know, but I'm
already thinking of a few upgrades.

First off, the P&N (?) air filter replacement seems to be a pretty much
universal mod people here have made to their GLXs.  If I do this mod,
and forget to put the original back in before my next scheduled
maintenance, is there any chance any part of my warranty will be
voided?

Second, the only thing that doesn't rock me about the car is the
stereo.  I haven't looked really closely, but I don't think it has
the Bose system that was introduced during the model year
(how can I easily tell?).  I'd like to leave the car as stock as
possible, so I'd rather add an amp in the trunk and a subwoofer
(if necessary) to the existing system than replace the head unit etc.