Re: shoot the shift

>That's it. It takes some getting used to (practice doing the shifts while
>you drive down the road without braking), but it's the proper way to really
>smoke those corners without beating up your car. Aside from avoiding the
>obvious wear on the clutch and transmission, doing it smoothly is a big
part
>of keeping the car stable and getting the weight balance right for maximum
>hold in the corner.

Is there any good-driving mailing list hangin'-around?.

I started driving 6 years ago, I learned this technique and perform it
perfectly since about 5 years ago.

I mean, this is one of the first things you learn to do when driving a
manual transmission vehicle.

It's a very short rule when cornering:

Movement 1: steps 2 thru 4 must be done in an interval of 1/4 of a second.

1.- Right foot: Brake
2.- Left foot: Clutch
3.- Right Hand: down-shift (while feet working) 2nd gear
4.- Left hand: turn the wheel left or right

Movement 2: steps 1 and 2 must be done in an interval of 1/4 of a second. 3
and 4 at the same time.

Right foot: accelerate
Left foot: DeClutch
Right hand: follow left hand
Left hand: straighten the wheel.

Damn!. Its like learning to mount a bike!!. If someone can't do it, must
attend a driving school. I charge $10.00 per hour.

- Alex Kunstmann
  I WANT A JETTA A4 TURBO!!!