Question for the Crew. Necesito Ayuda

Heres the problem: The starter, fuel pump, and radio don't have power on my
friends 89 Jetta. He needs it running for the weekend so he can install a
set of Pro series springs and Boge turbo gas shocks.  Are there any real
easy things to look for besides the battery and fuses? Otherwise it won't
be able to make the trek to the shop for the install.  BTW Hes got this
thing tuned somewhat nicely for the year. He also put on autotec port-tuned
exhaust (2.25 back) and a direct from germany european g-grind (not u.s.
g-grind) cam shaft.

At some point he getting a 2.0L block and sending the head away to be
ported and pollished. Any advice on this.....

Personally I think its a little too much dinero to be putting into the ride
but hey, its a great hobby.

T.I.A.

Oh yeah almost forgot... You guys wanna hear a story?????

Well last night on my Longgggggg commute home on the MASS pike I was
traveling discretely in right lane around 90+. I noticed traffic starting
to thicken a little on the right side so I made my way across the 3 lanes
into the "fast" lane.
Apparently waiting for me there was a 2 door sport coupe of domestic
gender. As I pulled in behind him we both slowed to about 75+. Now infront
of him was WIDE open. So I'm thinking he wants to play... As I turn the
hip-hop up a little (to drown out the sound of pavement, radar detector,
wind,etc..) He floors it. I look in the rear-view to confirm my readiness
to play (the reason: Mass staties come up from behind like bats out of
hell). I slowly depress the gas....catching him effortlessly at around 100+
he won't give way, so I pull up to him on the right, toying, he tries to
pull away.....110+. I give it a little more gas and at that point can
slowly see his license plate fade in the rearview..... This stock Jetta hit
about 124. (I think it would of gone faster but...)Not bad even the GA's.
Oh yeah the idiot was in a Cavalier Z34.. C'Mon.