SC Charger, VR6T NB News

Guys,

Stopped by Momentum Motorsports for a quick oil change prior to my
4 hour jaunt south to the NW VW'N'Grub.  Met Shawn Van Neer and his
other mechanic Brian.  Both were extremely knowledgable and friendly.
Not only do they do awesome work, they were also easy going and
willing to let me poke around the service bay and ask questions about
the other projects they had going on.

Super Charger News:

Shawn has been working with Rimmer on the Eaton VR6 charger.  In fact
he handed me the Eaton blower to check out.  Shawn informed me that
the kit hasn't been been tested on a VR6 yet and it will be less of
a bolt on than the AMS kit.  Big $$$ he said.  He also mentioned that
Vortech will not supply AMS with chargers....stemming from a conflict
between Z- Engineering the Swiss company who developed the kit.

VR6 Turbo NB:

They originally didn't intend to put a Turbo on it but alas they did.
Its an EIP unit and due to the lack of directions (this is what they
said) they blew a head gasket when they opened it up at a local car
show two weekends ago.  In any case, when I saw the Beetle, the engine
was out of the car and Shawn was working on it.  They are trying to
get it ready for the Bug Nationals at SIR on July 19th.

VR6 Turbo Syncro Cabiro:

The drive train is in and what a nice job they did!!!  The car is
just awaiting the engine.

Of course, if I hear anything else, I'll be sure to keep the list
updated.

Cheers,

----
Jeff Newton