Re: Oil Temperature

The MFA on my car (95 GLX) reports "---" when the engine
temperature is below 50 degrees celcius.  If yours is still reporting this
when the engine is warmed up, it sounds like your sensor has gone
south or the connnection to it has come loose.  The latter should be
easy to check, the former not too bad to remedy.

Cheers,

Chris

> I was driving along today and was scanning the MFA and noticed
that my
> system was not reporting the Oil temperature at all.  Instead it would
> display 3 dashes.  Like this "- - -".  Turning off the engine and back on
> did not help.  All my other electronic functions were working correctly.  I
> will see if after the engine cools down if it comes back on.  Has any one
> else experienced this?  Should I be concerned?
>
> Doug Jones
> 1998 Jetta GLX
> Red/Black

Chris Campbell