Re: "Cup" holder replacement...

<clip>
At the base of the pocket (with the cup holders removed) there is about a
5" by 2" gap where things can fall down below into the depths of the car.
Have any of you replaced the cup holder? If you used the pocket how did
you, or how would you propose fitting a replacement plastic panel to make
it a seamless pocket?

I've heard of someone carving a piece of plastic out of one of those thick,
matte black 3-ring binders, and trimming it and bending it until it fit. I
think I saw this in the newsgroup... My own thoughts on it would suggest
that maybe the liner for the same bin area in the Passat's console would
fit, maybe with some trimming. Has anyone out there done this?

I mean the "old" Passat. The new ones don't have the big ol' bin but they
have one WICKED cupholder thingy.  :-)