RE: Jetta Central Locking System and Car Alarms

Yeah we were going to do the Pulse but alpine and VW recommened against it.
Because it sends the pulse to all windows. So if three are up, and one is
down, the 3 up get the pulse so it could put bad wear on the motors. So we
directly went to the modules, and Alpine, Clifford, and VW Techs told us
how to tap into the window device that stops when everything is closed.
When I arm the car it will roll up any windows that are not up and close
the sunroof, lock all doors, and arm the system. Now with the system armed
or disarmed, I am able to use my third channel to roll down the windows,
since I wanted to the car still kind a secure I opted to keep the doors
locked and system armed when they go down, but if the system is disarmed it
just rolls down the windows and system is still off and doors unlocked. The
longer I hold the 3rd channel button the farther they roll down, so I can
crack them or roll them all the way down. My second channel pops the trunk,
since VW said not remove the factory alarm, just the siren, I have to
Disarm first then pop the trunk, or the factory alarm goes off, if I just
hit the trunk pop. I am switching to the Alpine SEA-8081 Alarm AiNet. I am
adding electronic Hood Release, and some other new ideas..

(\X/)Patrick Sherman			psherman@bigfoot.com(\X/)
97 Vento VR6 / Tornado Red / 10K
"Zzzzzzzz"

On Sunday, January 25, 1998 2:09 AM, John Kilpatrick
[SMTP:kilpatri@evangelion.mti.sgi.com] wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Patrick Sherman wrote:
>
> > I am running a Alpine 8059.. Standard install I paid $35 doors and $35
for
> > windows.. No Modules needed, I arm it and every rolls up and locks and
sun
> > roofs closes. I have a third channel if I want to roll down the windows
> > with the alarm still on and doors locked, and I have trunk release
also..
> > It has the dual prox. Sensor so I can have my windows down and and cool
the
> > car if I need to..
>
> Hmm...I know the central locking system can roll down the windows, but
> how can you do it without locking the doors?
>
> My install was standard (Clifford IQ 700) and the installed just tapped
> into the central locking system.  What took so long was figuring out the
> double pulse.  (A single pulse is used to lock, a double to unlock.)
 Once
> that was done, they set the length of the pulse and all was spiffy.  When
> it locks it sends the pulse long enough to roll up windows & sunroof.
 And