RE: Jetta Central Locking System and Car Alarms

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Patrick Sherman wrote:

> I am running a Alpine 8059.. Standard install I paid $35 doors and $35 for
> windows.. No Modules needed, I arm it and every rolls up and locks and sun
> roofs closes. I have a third channel if I want to roll down the windows
> with the alarm still on and doors locked, and I have trunk release also..
> It has the dual prox. Sensor so I can have my windows down and and cool the
> car if I need to..

Hmm...I know the central locking system can roll down the windows, but
how can you do it without locking the doors?

My install was standard (Clifford IQ 700) and the installed just tapped
into the central locking system.  What took so long was figuring out the
double pulse.  (A single pulse is used to lock, a double to unlock.)  Once
that was done, they set the length of the pulse and all was spiffy.  When
it locks it sends the pulse long enough to roll up windows & sunroof.  And
it wasn't extra. :-)

- --
John A. Kilpatrick                                Systems Administrator
kilpatri@mti.sgi.com                  Silicon Graphics Inc., MIPS Group
Work: (650) 933-4387                              Pager: (650) 428-6218
                "Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind..."