Re: Jetta GLX Touring Car

Eric Wrote:

> It might have been one of the Vento Challenge cars.  It's a one-make
> series in England using basically stock Vento VR6's.

Nope, I am familiar with the series and this was not one of them. This car
was sporting TSWs that were OZ Superturismo knock offs, and a Super Touring
style airdam like those found only in that series. The Vento series cars do
not sport this style airdam.

> The two things that really stood out to
> me were the sweet looking 16" VW 5-spoke wheels, and the upgraded 295mm
> front brakes.  I've been meaning to see if either item is obtainable
> here, but I haven't got around to it.

I don't know about the brakes, but I presume the wheels are the Speedline
Vento that is sold through Discount Tire Direct. Check out EC for their ad.
The rims I would really like to find are the Speedline rims used on the VW
GTI and SEAT Ibiza rally cars. They are basically the model from the
'93-'94 Corrado SLC but bigger and fatter. If you can find them let me
know.-G