RE: Jetta Central Locking System and Car Alarms

I am running a Alpine 8059.. Standard install I paid $35 doors and $35 for
windows.. No Modules needed, I arm it and every rolls up and locks and sun
roofs closes. I have a third channel if I want to roll down the windows
with the alarm still on and doors locked, and I have trunk release also..
It has the dual prox. Sensor so I can have my windows down and and cool the
car if I need to..

(\X/)Patrick Sherman			psherman@bigfoot.com(\X/)
97 Vento VR6 / Tornado Red / 10K
"Zzzzzzzz"

On Thursday, January 22, 1998 6:38 AM, Stephan Martone
[SMTP:smarton@luc.edu] wrote:
> Are there any after market car alarms that are suited to or designed to
work with the Jetta GLX central locking system?  Are the relays that enable
the system standard and perhaps I am concerned about nothing?

> The local dealer that I have dealt with in the past now installs Alpine
alarms.  I am inclined to deal with them again due to the good service.  I
am looking at the basic alarm.  I don't have the book with me and the model
number escapes me, but I am anxious to hear what people have to say so I'm
sending this now.  I will include that as soon as I can.  Any impressions
of Alpine alarms out there?  Other suggestions/experiences?