Jetta Central Locking System and Car Alarms

Are there any after market car alarms that are suited to or designed to =
work with the Jetta GLX central locking system?  Are the relays that =
enable the system standard and perhaps I am concerned about nothing?

The local dealer that I have dealt with in the past now installs Alpine =
alarms.  I am inclined to deal with them again due to the good service.  =
I am looking at the basic alarm.  I don't have the book with me and the =
model number escapes me, but I am anxious to hear what people have to =
say so I'm sending this now.  I will include that as soon as I can.  Any =
impressions of Alpine alarms out there?  Other suggestions/experiences?

TIA,

Stephan Martone
'97 Jetta GLX
Black/Black leather, Cold weather package, 5 spd. =20
Projects I'm gearing up for:
Clarion CD Changer, Smoked side blinkers, Rear fog lights, Intermittent =
wiper relay