Re: Thanks! (WAS:Re: How do you get rid of swirl marks!)

On Jan 19, 12:21pm, Scott Catlin wrote:
> Subject: Re: Thanks! (WAS:Re: How do you get rid of swirl marks!)
>
> >Advice....if you care about how your car looks, don't let the dealer
> >wash your car after servicing.
>
> and similarly, don't take your car to a drive-thru car wash unless it's
> one of the "touchless" or "brushless" car washes. The brushes are caked
> in dirt.
>-- End of excerpt from Scott Catlin

Actually, even the "brushless" ones (like Lozano's here in the bay area) are
bad
in that they cloth can beat on your car.  I go to a place that does a 100% hand
wash.  They roll through sprayers and then guys with sheepskin mitts rub the
car down.  Yeah, it costs a bit more, but I wanna try to keep it looking good.
 (Which is impossible with a black car in the winter. :-)

- --
John A. Kilpatrick                                Systems Administrator
kilpatri@mti.sgi.com                  Silicon Graphics Inc., MIPS Group
Work: (650) 933-4387                              Pager: (650) 428-6218
                "Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind..."