Re: Why No Jetta 4 cylinder Owners Prominent on the Lists?

98 GTI-VR6 wrote:

> George, I gotta disgree ! I'm currently driving a '97 jetta GT loaner(
> while the dealer tries for the second time to fix my wildly bucking
> ,shaking,
> mind of it's own shifter. But that's another story.....)and this jetta
> is NOTHING like the GLX or for that matter my GTI VR6 . NO power, Ugly
> peach fuzz seats, weak brakes ...... I'll stop there except to say that
> I did expect better handling of this lighter car but was dissapointed
> there as well. In short, This is no "enthusiasts"  car so perhaps that
> explains the shortage of non GLX jetta owners on the lists.
>
>                     Loren Bookbinder
>                     '98 Porcelain Blue GTI VR6 (with
> the out of control shifter shake)

Loren I think you should drive one of the A2 GLI's. BTW have you ever driven one?
Their lighter much more firmly sprung, you can throw them around corners the stock
A3 four banger would never go and its quick at about 2200 lbs.  VW lost something
when going to the heavier A3 without a big corresponding increase to HP and adding
a mushy suspension.  However, the A3 is better at high speed highway travel (100+ MPH)
with a stiffer body.

My 2 cents on this subject.

Bob