Re: Why No Jetta 4 cylinder Owners Prominent on the Lists?

George Achorn wrote:

> Hi All,
>         I was just curious about something. I know that there are some prominent
> GTI 4cylinder owners out there on the GTI list, but between the GTI and
> Jetta lists, I am aware of no 4 cylinder Jetta owners. Sure, I know that
> the GL and GLS are some pretty mainstream cars, especially with the super
> crappy peachfuzz interiors. Still, the Jetta GT and Trek/K2 models are
> pretty much the same to a GLX as the GTI 4 banger is to the GTI VR6.
>         Just Curious-G

Hi George,

I have an '89 Jetta four banger Wolfsburg Edition and still going strong.

BTW regarding the VW Visa Card,  I just received my notice that they were cancelling
the points with the conditions you mentioned in your e-mail a while ago.   I think
its sucks and we should let VW know what we think.   I have about 1100 points that I
was going to use toward my next VW.  I noticed they gave us until June 30 2001 to use
them toward a purchase, provided we kept our accounts in good standing.  I was really
hoping to get up to the 4000 limit but it looks like I'll never get there.  Their
closing the points program June 30, 1998, maybe I can make a few more business trips
overseas and charge the hell out of it.   What I want to know is has anybody contacted
VW to express our views towards this railroading???

Bob