Re: Why No Jetta 4 cylinder Owners Prominent on the Lists?

> 	I was just curious about something. I know that there are some prominent
> GTI 4cylinder owners out there on the GTI list, but between the GTI and
> Jetta lists, I am aware of no 4 cylinder Jetta owners.

The kind of people who buy a 4 cylinder Jetta are probably not the kind of
people (generally) that would enjoy talking about it every day.

Also GTI/GLX/GTI VR6 folks are a relative minority of car owners and
the list provides a sort of user group, providing support, info, and advise.

My Hypothesis:
It requires a certain something in your character to pay a large chunk
o' money for a car that looks largely like an economy car.  A car that
only reveals its' true nature with the first person experience of driving
it hard, listening to the lubricious fury of the engine and feeling the
E-ticket level G-forces flowing though your body.

Any idiot can buy a Passat and get a fine automobile.  It takes a
special person to buy a GTI VR6.

Nuts of a feather....
Kevin Nelander
knelander@att.net
3/96 VW GTI VR6 (chip & bars) Candy White over Black Leather
6/85 VW GTI 1.8 8v (stock) Black over Gray Cloth
My employer knows jack.