Re: AMS Supercharger Impressions

Mark Klaus Radelow wrote:

<snip>

> Also one thing I did not like was that the charger was
> incredibly loud.  Almost to the point of being annoying.  Although this
> may not be a consideration for a lot of people, I could not daily drive
> with that constant whine in my ears.

After pondering this paragraph it brings back sight Abe and myself
experianced on one of my recent trips to Kentucky.  We were cruising
around just passing a Hooters (oddly enough) when we both heard this
horridly loud buzzing whine which at the time we both thought was
eminating from my car.  I paniced of coarse.

I turned down the radio as we attempted to assertain the origin of
the noise.  We pulled into a bank parking lot and the noise
continued and seemed to get louder.  I parked quickly and turned
off the car but the noise got louder and continued.

As we both extied the car we were both surprised and releived
to see a black Mustang behind us in the parking lot waiting in
the drive through lane.

I would agree, if the VR6 supercharger kit is/was as loud as
the Mustang we heard that day, I don't want it either.  A nice
muscular exhaust is one thing, a loud, noisy, buzzy intake is
another.

- --
Mike Bigus --> gtivr6r@chicagonet.net
http://www.gtivr6r.chicagonet.net