Re: Redline and Warranty

At 02:03 AM 2/12/98 +0000, you wrote:
>On 2/11/98 6:14AM, in message <34E1B263.2576@wcnet.org>, Steve Thompson
><st140vi@wcnet.org> wrote:
>
>> When I first asked about using synthetic lubricants in my engine and
transmission my
>> dealer told me they wouldn't do it, even if I supplied it.
>
>Tell the loser VW service advisor (I'm beginning to think ALL of these
guys are losers
>lately) that VW puts synthetic in the damn tranny right at the FACTORY.
>
>--
>Kevin Collins
>collinsk@pacbell.net
>'97 GTI VR6
>
>--
The transmissions do come from the factory with synthetic gear oil. However
if the Redline fluid meets the factory specs than by all means use it.
Just don't tell anyone when you bring your car in for service. If your
trans fails there is no way anyone can tell it is not Geniune VW gear oil.
I hope the fluid is not red in color.

Don