Alignments

The definative answer to wheel alignments. According to the Warranty Policy
and Procedure Manual Revision 3/97 are NOT covered. However there is an
exception. If during PDI the technician notices a drifting problem than and
only than can a alignment be covered as along as DSM approval is received.
There was a TSB that mentioned pulling and attributed it to the tires not
mounted correctly on the rims. If you look at a new tire there are several
different color rings, During PDI we had to check to make sure the same
color ring is on the outside on all 4 wheels.  After a few miles these
rings will wear off making detection impossible.
I have seen VW buy alignments under warranty. This will happen if the
problem is noticed before the 5k service.

Don