I can't believe what I saw!!!

I'm in the middle of putting a fresh coat of wax on my 97 GLX...Since I work
two jobs I only get an hour or two to work on it late at night (I have a
garage and am fortunate enough to have my dads truck for the week while he's
gone so I can do a little each night)  Anyway, I've only had the car for 8
months, always kept it in the garage and taken extra good care of it.  What
I just discovered just about made me cry...Anyone who thinks their finish is
in real good shape try this...wash and dry it as you would usually...now,
get one of those 100 watt halogen spot lights from the hardware store and
shine it on the side of the car at night...holly shit!!!  thousands of
scratches and nicks and chips I've never seen before all of a sudden just
appear!!!  The next morning I pulled out into the sunlight for another
inspection and saw nothing except the rare chip and scratch that I've
already catalogued from previous wash/wax episodes...try this out if you
can, tell me what happens...I'm really pissed!!!

Joel Bell
jbell@ptd.net
1997 VW Jetta GLX-VR6-Nuespeed-Autotech
Kenwood/MB Quart/Orion/PPI/Stinger/Phoenix Gold