Re: Brake pad question...

Chris,

     I would tend to think that your '97 has the wear sensor; my '94
does.  Here's two easy ways to find out though: 1) When you start your
engine, look for the brake wear sensor indicator.  It looks somewhat
like a flower petal (circular pattern).  2) (This is a surer way) Look
at the front brakes and look to see if there are any wires running from
them.  Look carefully and you should have no trouble seeing them.

     And definitely get the Mintex redbox.  It's a difference between
night and day.  However, you will still get a moderate amount of brake
dust; this is unavoidable.

Eric Wang
1994 Black Vento VR6 -- Eibach Pro-Kit, Remus cat-back exhaust, Autotech
Q-Chip, K&N drop-in filter, Mintex Redbox pads, BBS RZ-II