RE: GLX -Automatic ONLY?!?!?! What da &%$#

I would agree that personal preference and usage have considerable weight in
the discussion of manual vs. automatic. However, the comparision of a
sequential racing gearbox is incorrect, as that is a manual transmission
that can be shifted without a clutch, not an automatic transmission. By its
nature, and automatic's torque converter saps more power than a manual,
resulting in slower acceleration times. Gearing has some effect, but it will
cut off either the high or the low end capabilities of a car.

Tim Irwin
'98 GLX