RE: Locking tank door and beepless alarm

>Has your alarm ever gone off? Have you tried the "panic" mode to see if the
>alarm will sound? The reason I am asking is that there is a separate horn
>for the alarm. Maybe your car horn works fine, but your alarm horn might be
>dead.

Hey, great point, my friend.
   Indeed, the alarm has gone off. I've set it off a few times myself to
show
people (fellow VW enthusiasts), and my girl set it off once by accident
(she
re-opened her door RIGHT as I was turning the key to lock my door - or
close
enough anyhow. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!), so the alarm works. Like I said,
I'm
not worried about it, in this area of the States. It'd just be kind of a
bummer if it were actually broken, but even then I wouldn't really care
but
for about five minutes. Then I'd get in and take that fine machine out
for a
spin and forget all of my problems.
   However, if there is a seperate horn for the alarm ... mmm ... no, on
second thought, it couldn't be that, since it'd be stupid for them to
have a
seperate horn for just the little "bip" it makes when armed while using
the
normal horn for the alarm itself. No, indeed, if the alarm's own horn were
kaput then the alarm wouldn't go off at all. But it does. Very good point,
though.
   I'm sure it would be simply a matter of pulling out my stereo and then
jamming it back into place and presto and whatnot. But I'm not worried
about
it.
   To amuse my brother (who has a '92 CorradoSLC - working "armed" honk),
simply turn the key and say, "Bip!" Then I look down at the little LED as
it
blinks on and off. I smile at my car, and wink back.
   -Tom "Bip!" Boyer
'84 and '95 Jettas

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/