Re: Type R revisited

I really don't want to perpetuate this thread, BUT...

Here's a quote from Motor Trend's Type R review:

>>A best 0-60-mph run of 7.0 seconds hints at the effectiveness of
the engine work, clipping 0.1 second off the quickest we’ve
squeezed from a GS-R. Likewise, the quarter-mile performance
has improved, dipping to 15.3 seconds, with a terminal speed of
93.4 mph. The GS-R (15.5 seconds/91.4 mph) is noticeably off
that pace. The Type-R’s handling is every bit as impressive,
logging a solid 0.92 g on the skidpad, jinking through the slalom
to the tune of 67.8 mph, and stopping from 60 mph in just 121
feet.<<

That last sentence is the one that should worry us ;)

>>My car runs a 1/4 in 15.25 @95.9 mph..... his type r *stock* runs high 13's all day long....<<

His car is *not* stock at high 13's...probably on the bottle.

Bwahahaha! M/T tested the '97 NSX at 4.8 sec to 60 and 13.3@106.7 1/4
mile. R/T had 5 sec and 13.5@108. Not even close.

>>If you are into the car video called 'options' you will see a 2 and 4 door type r beat the pants off a nsx, turbo mr2, turbo rx7, and some other car...<<

Whatever. Was the video paid for by Honda?  ;)  The MR-2 isn't a
stretch, but the NSX and RX-7 should be too much car, given equal
drivers.

Tom M. Matthews
tmmatthews@worldnet.att.net
'95 GTI VR6