Re: Locking tank door and beepless alarm

Tom wrote:

>Mine's the "premium" one, too. I dunno. Like I said, the lady who
>owned/leased
>the car before I bought it from the dealer's didn't know jack about cars,
>so I
>don't know if/why anybody went behind the stereo. Maybe another oddity.
>But,
>once again, no big deal, since I'm glad that it never beeps (except, of
>course,
>when it's actually going off!).

Tom, just another thought.  Your alarm may not be covering all areas of your
car.  For example, if the pin in your trunk is not fully depressed or
not functioning, the alarm will arm but not cover the non functioning area.
One
area in specific I have heard others have a probolem with is the pin in the
hood.
Check to see if it fully depresses when the hood is closed - it tends to
bend
down with the hood constantly being opened and closed.  If your head unit is
not the problem it is probably somewhere else.

Stanton '95glx