Re: Locking tank door and beepless alarm

>Tom, just another thought.  Your alarm may not be covering all areas of your
>car.  For example, if the pin in your trunk is not fully depressed or
>not functioning, the alarm will arm but not cover the non functioning area.
>One
>area in specific I have heard others have a probolem with is the pin in the
>hood.
>Check to see if it fully depresses when the hood is closed - it tends to
>bend
>down with the hood constantly being opened and closed.  If your head unit is
>not the problem it is probably somewhere else.

All areas if protection do indeed work. Easy to check, too. Pop the hood
but
don't open it, lock the door, open the hood. Hit the trunk-opening button,
lock the doors, open the trunk. Close each door slightly, lock a front
door,
open any other door. I think that the LED by the driver's-side locking
knob
would not blink when armed if the system was not fully operational. I'm
thinking it's just a fluke (or that it's the stereo thing like one person
suggested - that all I'd need to do is pull the head unit, and push it
back
into place). 1), I like it sans beep. 2) I don't NEED a car alarm in my
corner of the globe. It's a quirk ... a feature, not a bug. *grin*

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/