Re: Locking tank door and beepless alarm

>My '95 was built in 8/94 and it had DRLs.  What was your the month
>of your cars production.  Did you buy the car new?  I was able to
>disable my DRLs by pulling the relay.

7.94. No DRLs. I'm not the original owner, but the original owner
was some rich lady who had it on a lease and didn't know jack
about sporttuning or modifications. Weird. Maybe my relay is bad.
Doesn't bother me, as I dislike DRLs. No big deal.

>I have had that problem with my car also.  I have fixed it by the same
>way that has been suggested.  After I hooked up my keyless entry
>and CD changer, my alarm did not beep when arming - only when
>disarming.  At first I thought is was due to the keyless entry.  However,
>I also heard it might be the head unit which I had to taken out to install
>the cable to the CD.  It looked, felt and functioned like it was in properly
>but it wasn't.  I tried to push it in but it wouldn't go in any further so I
>pulled it back out, cleared the wires in the back and pushed it back in
>until I heard two clicks (one on each side).  PRESTO - everything works.
>BTW my head unit is also the factory "premium" one.

Mine's the "premium" one, too. I dunno. Like I said, the lady who
owned/leased
the car before I bought it from the dealer's didn't know jack about cars,
so I
don't know if/why anybody went behind the stereo. Maybe another oddity.
But,
once again, no big deal, since I'm glad that it never beeps (except, of
course,
when it's actually going off!). Fluke? No. I'm just odd. It would follow
that
my cars would be odd. Hell, the damned thing's named Rocco ... which is a
common Scirocco nickname. Go figure.

Incidentally, my '84 JettaGLi is named Corwin. Like anybody cares.

-Tom

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/